Home / News Updates / Rajiv Gandhi’s killers can no longer be plan free, Centre tells Supreme Court docket – Times of India

Rajiv Gandhi’s killers can no longer be plan free, Centre tells Supreme Court docket – Times of India

photo - Rajiv Gandhi's killers can no longer be plan free, Centre tells Supreme Court docket - Times of India

NEW DELHI: The Centre on Friday turned down the proposal of Tamil Nadu govt for open of seven convicts within the
Rajiv Gandhi assassination case and told the
Supreme Court docket that setting them free would plan a truly gruesome precedent.

The apex court docket had in January asked the Centre to interact a name on the proposal submitted by Tamil Nadu govt in 2016. Placing the government’s decision forward of a bench of Justices Ranjan Gogoi, Navin Sinha and KM Joseph, extra solicitor overall Pinky Anand and recommend Rajesh Ranjan told the court docket that Centre did no longer accept as true with the Tamil Nadu govt’s proposal.

With the Supreme Court docket ruling that the issue govt can no longer remit sentence of any convict in instances probed by a central agency, Centre’s approval is indispensable for releasing the killers of Rajiv Gandhi because the case used to be probed by the CBI.

“The central govt, in pursuance of piece 435 of the Code of Criminal Design, would no longer concur with the proposal of Tamil Nadu govt contained within the verbal substitute letter dated March 2, 2016 for grant of extra remission of sentence of these seven convicts,” the government acknowledged in its reply.

The seven convicts are V Sriharan @Murgan, T Suthendreraja @Santhan, A G Perarivalan, Jayakumar, Robert Payas, Ravichandran and Nalini. All convicts are lodged within the Central Detention center, Vellore, and are in incarceration since 1991.

Santhan, Murugan and Perarivalan had been awarded deat

Read More

About admin

Check Also

‘Why now not give it a attempt? You by no formula know’: Mega Millions’ $1.6 billion jackpot creates a frenzy

‘Why now not give it a attempt? You by no formula know’: Mega Millions’ $1.6 billion jackpot creates a frenzy

Since last week, convenience and gas station workers say business has been "non-stop," "intense" and "crazy" — all because of the now record-breaking $1.6 billion Mega Millions jackpot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: